Tuesday, December 28, 2010

King Size Bed

Have you ever wondered if getting a king size bed would solve some of your sleeping problems??? Well, sometime during the night….….probably one of the times that I brought Kynleigh into our bed and then took her back to her bed due to the fact that I was pushed almost off MY bed and it was IMPOSSIBLE to actually sleep in MY OWN bed, I pondered this actual thought. So........here are a few of those thoughts………….


• It would actually have the room to sleep me, Troy, and any of the 3 visitors we frequently have and probably still be somewhat comfortable. (But then why do I WANT to make room for those 3 visitors when they have THEIR OWN beds???)

• I would still get enough of the bed to sleep comfortably even when Troy feels he needs more than half the bed (Oh and he will deny this fact but I am right)

• The problem of size also comes into the equation because our room is not actually made to fit that big of a bed. It would leave no room for the sleeping bags that the 2 big kids feel they need to sleep in on occasion…..Oh darn-it!!! (But then I do not want to give them any excuse to actually feel like they can SLEEP in my bed.)

• The thought also came to me that I would not be close enough to Troy to put my cold feet on his legs and drive him crazy :-)

So I guess after thinking about my sleeping thoughts, (if I even remembered them all) I think we should stick with our squeaky queen bed that we have……

Caryn (yes, the Caryn that disappeared about a year ago)

5 comments:

wendy said...

OH, HI..yes, I remember the CARYN of times past.
whenever we go on trips to a hotel and have a king size bed, I still snuggle up to my loved one.......lots of wasted bed space.

Becky said...

I love it! I put my cold feet (and sometimes entire lower extremity on days when I've been on my feet too much) on Trent as well. I say it's their fault for being so nice and warm all the time!!!

Jeanne_2008 said...

You can still put cold feet on husband with a King Bed. King beds pretty much rock Caryn :) Love you!

Emma said...

Hi welcome back...

I think little ones should sleep in their own beds... I wish mine would!!

Barry said...

I totally agree with you on the bed issue.If you were to get a king,none of your queen sheets would fit so you would have to buy all new sheets.Yhey are harder to make,harder to move,and like you were saying if your room wasnt built for a king it would look out of place.