Monday, June 23, 2008

Sorry!

Okay! I have been chewed out enough for not keeping up on our blog I'M SORRY!!! It does make me happy that we actually have people look at it regularly so thanks for your support, even though I have been a flake. The kids have been out of school since May 22nd and although I keep telling myself and the kids that I need a day here and there to just catch up on my e-mails (I have over 70) and things on the computer, it never happens. Part of it though is that I try to make myself lay down and either read or sleep for a little while in the afternoon because I know that me and the baby needs the rest and I am trying to be good (I have a tendency to overdue myself for those who know me).

Now that I have given you a few excuses. I will tell you a little what we have been doing so far this summer. We have had 2 yard sales. Bless your hearts those of you who actually ENJOY having them. I know now why I normally donate everything to the Deseret Industries or some other charity. We did get rid of a lot of things and ended up making about $70 ($2 the 2nd day) Was it all worth it, I guess so, but I would have to be very desperate to do it again (which we were the first time)

We did buy season passes to Lagoon again this year. I can honestly say that I am glad that we did so before everything happened with Troy's job. It has given us something to do that doesn't cost much (except for gas). We have already been several times and we were even lucky to have Troy home with us for several weeks and he was able to go with us. I think that made is a little more fun for the kids since I can't go on too many of the rides. We also have passes to the zoo which we don't go as much because of the gas but we have been able to enjoy the animals a little so far this summer. We also love going to the Roy aquatic center. We had some punches left over from last year and it helps to enjoy the 98* weather when you can do it with some cool water.

I am now going to go lay down before I have to think about dinner.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I won't lie...I'm glad you posted something. But first and foremost...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. Sorry if everyone (myself included) chewed you out. I do check it often though. Trent and I do love knowing what's going on in your beautiful family's life! As always, you've been busy.

Jeanne_2008 said...

I am glad you are resting Caryn :) 3 weeks from today I will forever leave Puerto Rico behind. I can't believe it!!! I have a hard time imagining my family living "normally."
I LOVE YOU!!!!

wendy said...

Every one is interested in your BLOG because we are interested in YOU and love hearing about the things you are all doing, however mundane it may seem to you. So rest, read, hug the kids and Troy and ----BLOG.