Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brieanna's Room

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to embarrass Brieanna in any way. I guess it is only fair since I wrote a post a while ago about Tyler's room. I love you Brieanna!!!
A while ago, I took a CERT class in our city (Community Emergency Response Team) The class was 6 weeks long and the manual was literally 2-3 inches thick. I am still nervous if someones life is in my hands, but I learned a lot and enjoy being part of the community. In Utah the main disaster we have to worry about is an earthquake. We learned how to determine the extent of damage in a building. I always tease Brieanna that her room looks like an earthquake hit it, but according to this class it is only minor damage. (She felt better about herself that it was not major) You can be the judge though. (Notice the dirty clothes hamper is empty)
I will help her clean it really nice, sometimes even go through the closet. She will do really well for a few days about keeping it clean and then little by little it turns into the picture below. Every time I help her I always say that I won't help her again and then I just can't stand it any longer. It is a vicious cycle. (I don't do well with messes like that) HELP!!! Any suggestions???






3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Still looks better than Jeanne's used to. One day I couldn't find a clean towel. I couldn't even find a dirty towel to wash. That's because they were all in Jeanne's room. Just close the door. Don't open it unless you are looking for a towel that is.

Emma said...

When I was little mom packed up everything that was on the floor and I had to earn it back, I of course was not happy!!

corrie said...

Maddie wants a pet turtle but I told her she has to show me she is responsible about taking care of her things because turtles need to be taken care of if they are to stay alive. So if I walk into her room and see a mess on her floor I point to it and say "dead turtle." Doesn't help keep her room clean much, but it's fun for me.
I dont say anything about their rooms during the week, but on Saturday before they are allowed to do anything their rooms have to be picked up and vacuumed.