Thursday, July 23, 2009

Buffalo Point Elementary 5K Run/Walk

Going back... June 1st

Tyler and Brieanna's school did a 1st annual 5K run/walk as a fund raiser. We got geared up for the excitement. Drank lots of water, did our pre-run (oh excuse me "walk") stretches, took our pre-walk pictures, thought to ourselves this won't be too bad and it will be a fun family activity. Notice we all had big natural smiles.

Well the whistle blew and many took off running even Tyler and his buddies and then there was Troy and I with Kynleigh in the back happy to walk. We walked and walked and talked and talked and walked some more. By the end of the 5K we were thinking how grateful we are that we were not born in the pioneer days and had to walk across the country. We did make it to the finish line and I think we were the very last ones there (maybe there was one other lady, everything got all fuzzy) Troy being the funny one that he was, got on his hands and knees and crawled across the finish line. Of course everyone had their cameras ready but me. Oh well, we all got medals and a Popsicle that Kynleigh just loves to eat. We enjoyed the live band and visiting with friends. (PS. Troy was sore for a week after :))

1 comment:

corrie said...

That is a great family activity! I wonder if I could get my kids to even walk that. They prefer to not exert themsleves too much.
way to go!