Thursday, July 10, 2008

And The Race Is On...

Okay, my life lately has been nothing you could call slow (but when is it ever right?) We have moved Tyler downstairs in preparation to the new baby coming soon. We have actually gotten him to sleep down there most of the time. I worked really hard to get all of my craft crap out of there so he could see the floor and walls. I just crammed everything into part of the unfinished playroom. The next project was to paint his walls. We picked blue and then a red ascent wall. The red wall was a pain in the rear as it still took several coats, the blue thank goodness only took one with a little touch up. It actually turned out pretty nice. Tyler got this BIG grin on his face when he went in to look at it when I got done. He now likes to be down there with his friends, sometimes I don't even know he is in the house.
The next project was to paint the babies room (Tyler's old room). Brieanna and I took down his old boarder and did all the prep work (the yucky part) then I painted 2 walls green and 2 walls yellow. I am now cutting out all of these butterflies from a roll of boarder that Rena gave me that will go separately on the walls. It should be really cute when we are all done. I got the crib set up and the dresser in there and all the clothes that people have given me all organized and put away. It is really starting to get exciting!!! (scary for Troy:))
Then my next project is I am going to start doing daycare/preschool in our home to bring in some extra money to get us by for a while. So yesterday we had to take ALL the toys out of the unfinished playroom along with ALL the craft crap that I just put in there so that we can start to finish the room on Monday. We have Randy, Willa's son-in-law coming to do the work for us. I am going to split the room in half, part for the playroom (daycare room) and the other half for my craft stuff. I think I will then have to paint those two rooms as well. (does it ever end, the painting I mean)
I am also in the process of getting licenced with the state. I am going to take a class next Tuesday and then I have to take my food handlers permit and have my kitchen inspected, take a first aid and CPR class, have the fire department come and inspect my house and then have the state/city do an inspection. It will be never ending in the next few weeks trying to get all of these things accomplished, but then again, my life seems like it is always a race.
Sorry this is so long, but I just thought that I would fill you all in on what I have been doing the last couple of weeks. I will also take pictures when I am all done.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow...someday I'd like to introduce you to a little thing called--sleeping. You sure have been busy. I'm excited to see the pics.

wendy said...

Good freaking grief!!!!!!!!that's alot

Jeanne_2008 said...

I am so excited that you are almost done being pregnant! Has the heart burn subsided? I love you and promise that eventually we will make it out to your house for a visit :) Love you bunches!!!

Bonnie said...

If you aren't careful that baby is going to be here sooner rather than later! Get some rest.