Friday, November 14, 2008

Tyler is 12 years old!!!

Sunday November 9th was a special day in the Doman family. Tyler turned 12 and was ordained a deacon. I can't believe that my baby is 12. I am scared to even blink right now in fear when I open my eyes he will be graduating and going on his mission. It was a great blessing and ordination. Our new bishop had me bear my testimony which I was NOT prepared to do. I wish I would have had a little time to think things through in my mind, but of course I cried like I always do and of course after I was done I thought of all kinds of things I should have said. The main advise I gave Tyler was to always look to the prophet for an example. If the prophet is doing it, then it is okay for him to do it. That goes for the way he dresses at church. Tyler hates wearing a tie, like most men and boys and he also rolls his sleeves up past his elbows which I think it looks horrible and you would think I was killing him to make him leave them down for this special day.

He had a good birthday though. On Saturday he and Troy went to the BYU football game. A friend of Troy's that has season passes always seemed to have extra tickets this year and so it worked out that there was a game the day before Tyler's birthday. On Monday, I checked Tyler out of school and took him to lunch and shopping for some clothes. We had a good time together that we normally don't get with just the 2 of us.

On Wednesday Tyler went to the Ogden temple with us to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. We went with the Unsickers and Tyler thoroughly enjoyed himself and thought it was pretty neat.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That was a very special day. Thank you for letting us share it with you. We love you!

wendy said...

Tyler is a handsome handsome kid. Don't forget Tyler, grandma pg is HOT.