Sunday, December 28, 2008

South Carolina Trip

My sister Jeanne just moved back to the states from Puerto Rico and Laura and her family is moving from Georgia to Germany a couple days after Thanksgiving. We thought it would be nice if we could all get together one last time before Laura moves. My brother Jeremy lives on the border of North Carolina and South Carolina and is the only one out there with a big enough house to accommodate all of us and he and his wife Courtney were kind enough to have ALL of us at their house for 2 nights. (On a side note, if I could ever have my dream kitchen, it would he pretty much like Jeremy’s kitchen)

My mom bought me a plane ticket and Kynleigh flew into Atlanta. I was a little worried about the flight with Kynleigh. So many people stopped me at the airport and told me how beautiful and cute and adorable etc she was. I just smiled and said lets just hope you still think so AFTER the flight is over. (Troy said I had karma on my side as he sat by a screaming child on our red eye to Atlanta the year before when we when out to pick up 2 cars for his work.) Well Kynleigh was an angel and ate as we took off and then slept the WHOLE flight and then I woke her up to eat as we landed. This happened both ways so I am truly grateful for such a good baby.

I wish I had a picture of me and my mom trying to get all of our things into her car at the airport. She has a 2 door (yes a 2 door car) and we had all of her things for the 4 day trip, all of mine and Kynleigh’s things, the car seat, stroller and then gifts and so forth from Laura. We had to put everything in and out several times before we finally got it all to fit it was ridiculously funny (NOT, although we did laugh a lot at ourselves).

I had such a great time with everyone and enjoyed getting to know Courtney as the only time I have met her is at my stepdads funeral. My poor brother Jeremy was so sick most of the time but he was a trooper and stayed up playing cops and robbers with us till about 1 or 2 in the morning.


Kynleigh decided to puke on my night shirt the first night at Jeanne’s (because she never pukes) The next day we were leaving to go to Jeremy’s house so I asked Jeanne to bring an extra t-shirt. Being the jokester that she is, she thought it would be funny to bring a Florida Gators shirt for me to wear. Yes you heard me right, my number one enemy team. Somehow Chris has brainwashed her into liking the GATORS instead of Florida State Seminoles (Go Noles) why she gave in I will never understand, she even lived in Tallahassee for a couple of years. Well when I came out of the bathroom that night everyone was laughing but me, they thought it was just so funny, well it kind of was, I even laughed because even I thought that was a good joke.


One thing about being with family is that you never get any sleep. We stayed up so late every night and the later we stayed up the sillier we all got. Here is a video of us when we were playing Cops and Robbers and everyone started doing these funny dances. I think we thought they were sillier than they are just because we were so tired.


Jeanne was always at the center of all the fun. Here is a video of most of the cousins chasing their Aunt Jeanne.






Picture of all us siblings with my mom



5 comments:

wendy said...

Great photo ----I am so glad you had the opportunity to go home and see your family. From one who knows, it is hard sometimes not having your parents and siblings around

Becky said...

That sounded like a fun trip and it was great getting to "know" your family a little bit.

Sorry about the GATOR shirt.

And I'm glad that little Kynleigh was such an angel for you, though I'm not surprised.

Just the three of us,,, said...

We had so much fun seeing everyone. I never realized how crazy Bryan's side of the family was until after that. It was great and definately a good crazy!! I bet Jeanne is loving you for that video :)

Jeanne_2008 said...

OH YOU ARE HORRIBLE FOR POSTING THAT VIDEO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeanne_2008 said...

Hey BTW--I believe the ONLY person in our family who has actually attended FSU is Chris...the gator fan! We actually do have a picture of Doak Campbell Stadium. It was on our wall in PR, but we just haven't hung up much here.