Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fiesta Biscuit Bake Dinner

I am always looking for great EASY new recipes to cook for my family. I was on our cousin’s blog one night (If you haven’t already, check out Cally’s link on my blog) and she was having this Fiesta Biscuit bake. It sounded tastier than what I was having that night and so she shared the recipe for me. (also on her blog)
I had to wait an agonizing week to try it out (I am on this great meal planning program for daycare and so I only shop once a week now, LOVE that. I am not running into Wal-Mart every other day for this or that item. If I don’t have it, it must wait till the next week. So far it has worked out great) Okay so I had to wait till the next week to try this fabulous dinner. I ended up having to drive to tumbling this week so I mixed it all up right before I left so that when I got home, I would just throw it in the oven (We were on a tight time schedule as it was the first night of American Idol, Time was of the essence)
So as I was leaving tumbling, I called Tyler to pre heat the oven for me.
My plan was working.
Little did I know, until I pulled out my new creation after the 40 minutes baking to check it and found the biscuits still doughy that I decided to turn UP the temperature on the oven and discovered that my sweet son (who I must have failed to teach him anything in the kitchen) only set the oven to 250 instead of 350.
So we had to WAIT... and wait... and wait... (another 30 minutes) to eat.

At this point American Idol has already started, Tyler was falling asleep in front of the fireplace, Brieanna was extremely tired, and grouchy ALWAYS comes with tired when it comes to Brieanna. (if you haven't gathered it yet, my plan was failing at this point)

During dinner we had everything from “this is delicious”, “fantastic” to “uh its okay” with a shrug of the shoulder. So I guess since we are talking about my family, that is not too bad. I thought it was beyond great and is a definite do-over; I am hoping that if the kids are slightly more coherent, they may enjoy it more and join the “other side”.
THANKS CALLY!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That recipe sounds so good. I've been intending on making it soon.

cally said...

Argh...bummer lead up to Idol. THis season looks so good, I'm excited.

I'm glad you liked it. The fam will come around.

wendy said...

I will have to try it!!! sounds yummy

Jeanne_2008 said...

thats so funny about the oven! lol