Thursday, January 22, 2009

Doman Family Christmas Letter 2008

Caryn told me to put this on the blog in December. I forgot but never the less decided to post it anyway.

Doman Family Christmas Letter 2008



Greetings to all! The Doman family sure hopes this letter arrives with all the holiday cheer you can handle. What a year 2008 has been and there are still a few weeks left….YIKES!

With all the discouraging news that we hear about everyday on the radio and TV it would be very easy for me to focus on the negative but our Father in Heaven has blessed the Doman family immensely this year and we are very grateful.

My car dealership unfortunately has suffered its demise and was closed this year. One of the hardest things to do is close down a business you put so much effort into. I was hoping for some federal bailout money but the White House never returned my phone calls. J I have worked very hard at keeping my chin up and taking it in stride and feel like I have handled it the best I can. These types of life events can take a large toll on someone and I am grateful for the Lords blessings. I now work for Logitech and am the territory manager for California. I enjoy the job and look forward to 2009. I am also going to school full time finishing my accounting degree. I was dreading going back but have actually found it to be really fun. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I enjoy the classes and the intellectual exercise.

Caryn has been right there by my side through the good and the bad and I love her for it. It is very hard for me to write about her because she is truly a gift to me. She can accomplish more in 1 week than most people can accomplish in a year. In fact just the other day I came home from work and asked her what she did that day and was just expecting the usual answers. To my amazement she rattled out so much stuff I was just waiting for her to end by saying to me “oh and I also found a cure for cancer” She is the most amazing person I have ever met. Caryn started her own business this year and now runs a Pre-school/Daycare out of our home. Our basement was almost finished and only had one room left to complete when we bought the home. It was a really big room and so we split it in half and made one side the Pre-school room and the other side is a craft room for her. It has been a huge challenge getting the business started but now that it is open and running she is having a lot of success. It definitely is not an easy job but she has taken it by the horns and has earned the respect of many parents who trust her to care for their children. Oh and not to leave one small detail out Caryn also gave birth to our lovely and beautiful 3rd child, Kynleigh.

Tyler has turned 12 this year and is now a deacon. He is such a cool, handsome young man it amazes me to think how quick time has passed by. He is in the 6th grade and is absolutely loved by his teacher. He is a natural leader and always attracts the other kids to him. He is always heading over to someone’s house to hang out that he just met at school. He loves to skateboard and play soccer. Tyler gets up every morning at 4:30 and does a paper route, 2 actually. I am very impressed with his work ethic. It is not easy to get up that early everyday of the week. He is once again on a competitive club soccer team and they are having an incredible season. They play indoor soccer now and Tyler is the goalie for the most part. He does a great job and in fact at a recent game only gave up a few goals to the #1 team in the league. (They ended up tying the team which I guess can be a moral victory) If he is not in goal he is playing as the mid fielder and also excels there. He can score with both is feet and his head which is so fun to watch. Of course Tyler loves to do well and will always look up to me and his mom whenever he does something well. He knows we are always proud of him and he likes to please us. I couldn't ask for a better young man to be in charge of raising. So far he has made it pretty easy.

Brieanna is now 10 and is a huge help around the house. She is a knock out just like her mom. I better start getting the gun cleaned so I can chase the boys off. So far she hasn’t discovered them yet (That much) I think that is around the corner soon. Brieanna also does the paper route but not everyday. Sleep to her is a valuable commodity and so she can only give up so much in a given week. Plus I personally like it when she gets all the sleep she needs. Her disposition seems to be a lot brighter. J Brieanna started soccer this year and did very well. In fact at her first game she scored a goal with her left foot. It was awesome to see her smile and have her team mates congratulate her. Both her and Tyler took advantage of their season passes to Lagoon (an amusement park near by) quite a bit this summer. Caryn also had one but since she was with child she couldn’t ride a lot of rides but did go to the water park there and work on her gorgeous tan! They love the park and I am glad they got to go a lot this year. OH and not to forget she got her braces off this year and is very happy about that. Brieanna is a wonderful child and we are so blessed to have her in our family. She is the peacemaker and has the most tender heart.

Kynleigh is our new addition! She was born on September 4th. She has come to our family 10 years after Brieanna and was a very big surprise to us all. Sometimes I am still in shock when I walk down the hall and go past her room. I see the crib and the piles of diapers and feel a cool chill go up my spine. I thought I was moving into the parenting years where I now need to find prom dresses and tuxedos. I thought wrong, I now need to find prom dresses and tuxedos and while I’m out I should pick up a crate of diapers J I am very grateful for my new little daughter though. Our whole family has been so blessed to have her in our home. She provides a spiritual light that illuminates our home during some of the most trying times our family has faced. We couldn’t ask for a better baby. She is very calm and seems to just take everything in stride. I am sure that will change but so far we have been pleased with that, probably Caryn more than anyone.

4 comments:

MoMmY k:-) said...

better late than never...and I have to say...."how rude" that they didn't call you back! Those jerks! And also..I know I have a great sister....

Becky said...

That was a wonderful letter...any time of the year!

wendy said...

Good letter Troy --some wonderful expressions of gratitute, faith and hope. And the girls can have whatever Prom dress they want --grandma pg will make sure of it.

Troy Doman said...

Ok....Prom dresses on Grandma then. :)