Thursday, February 12, 2009

She is the smoke and I am her Driftwood

A husband doesn't always say thank you like he should to the most important person in his life, his wife. We get busy with work, school and church callings and before we know it we are consumed in our own life and forget to take a pause. So here is my pause. I have the worlds best spouse and could prove it in any court in the land. The amount of evidence I could provide would confirm this without any deliberation at all. We have been married for almost 16 years and everyday has been a joy. No married couple goes through life without some major bumps and of course we have had our share. What makes these instances such a joy though is the calm footings my wife offers. She has always been a constant north star in my compass. She is the mother of our three wonderful children who are successful in all they do. They get their confidence from her. They know they can accomplish anything because they have seen their mother do it. They know they can rise to the occasion and surpass their perceived weaknesses because they have seen their mother on bended knee asking Heavenly Father for the strength and fortitude. My wife deserves all the awards the the world has to offer but doesn't seek them. She goes about the day with a plan and accomplishes more in one day than many people could not complete in a week. I love her with all my heart and am so proud of her. Words can not pay proper tribute to the person who has choosen you to spend all time and eternity with, but I do want my wife to know I love her and want to wish her a Happy Valentines Day.

1 comment:

wendy said...

What a nice tribute--AND I LOVE THE TITLE. Seriously, that was awesome. Now you need to write a song with that title.