Friday, February 27, 2009

Miracles Really Do Happen!



This post is not in any way to embarrass Tyler, however I had to document that he actually SLEPT IN HIS OWN ROOM last night. It has been a LONG 8-9 months. For those who may be saying to themselves where has he been sleeping or what am I talking about. Here is a little recap of the past several years.
I think it all started around the whole Elizabeth Smart abduction. He has always been so scared that someone will take him while he is sleeping. Over the years we have done this deal where if he sleeps in his own room on school nights he could sleep in our room on the floor in his sleeping bag on the weekends. (I kicked him out of my bed a LONG time ago) Well this last summer, we made the mistake of letting him sleep on our floor all summer (his excuse was that he didn’t have school). The only problem was that when school started, I could not get him back in his room. With no privacy in our room it is a miracle in and of itself that Kynleigh was conceived. We have tried paying him, bribing him. You name it and we have tried it. Everyone kept telling me that he would grow out of it, don’t worry. Well I finally got to the point where I was DONE with him sleeping in our room. So I told him that he could sleep anywhere else, living room etc. but not in my room. He began sleeping in the upstairs family room that lasted for quite some time. Then Jasper had her puppies and I had to get up in the middle of the night to feed them every few hours and I made Tyler move downstairs to sleep so that I would not wake him up while I was doing my thing. So now we have him in the downstairs family room. (oh so close to his room, yet so far away) He has now been there for almost a month.
Here is where I feel like a genius! (See my previous post about Tyler’s new love for air soft gun wars.) I bribed him with equipment. Yes the bribe worked. This weekend I now have to go and buy him an extra cartridge, more co2 and some ammunition. I am just so excited that he actually bought in to the bribe. I am just hoping that he stays in his room. The deal is that if he stops sleeping in his room, the equipment is returned to me.
So with a pat on my back, and Tyler’s, I have had a big smile on my face all day.

4 comments:

Trent said...

I am happy for Tyler. He will finaly find out that when he gets a little older and wants to sneak out of the house to play with his buddies, leaving from the window in the basement is far easier if he is not in his parents bedroom.
(I never did that of coarse because I am moms favorite and never have done anything wrong).

Troy Doman said...

Thanks Buzz! Your a great uncle....NOT If Tyler sneaks out he knows not to come back home. Just keep going son and don't forget to write your mom. :)

wendy said...

FUNNY---What Trent ------you don't know of such things!!!!!! Troy, I like your "assertive approach".....tell Tyler if he doesn't keep sleeping in his room HE'LL HAVE TO SLEEP WITH GRANDMA --that'll scare him.

Emma said...

way to go tyler