Thursday, February 19, 2009

No more puppies

It is a sad day at the Doman's today. We lost our last puppy. I am not sure what happened, she was so darn cute and growing so good (up to 9 1/2 oz.) and then last night Jasper was trying to tell me something and today she passed away. With the other puppy that died, I knew it was coming and it was sad but not as bad as this. This was a total surprise and I was not prepared for it. I just wish I did not have to be the one to tell Brieanna the news when she gets home. I don't know if she can handle another puppy funeral.

5 comments:

Troy Doman said...

This is very sad and of course hard to understand. I love you honey and I am so impressed with all the effort you put into it. You were up almost every night giving the puppies their doggie bottles at 2 am. I think we should have a small ceremony under the Linden tree and keep it simple. Also I think we should hide the movies "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Old Yeller" That would just be too much

wendy said...

OH that is indeed so sad. Poor kids, poor Caryn, poor Jasper...poor dead doggies.

Becky said...

I'm so sorry. I know how strongly and quickly you can get attached to those little things.

cally said...

Oh man, I'm sorry Caryn.

Amanda said...

I finally found your blog! and on the worst day to find it!...i'm sorry about the puppies and i love troy's comments :) I hope next week goes better...troy, do you need some cookies or treats of some kind? Josie will be right over..Amanda