Monday, September 1, 2008

Extra Extra Read All About It!!!

After waiting and waiting and waiting, Troy finally got a phone call announcing that 2 paper routes had opened up in our neighborhood. So every morning, they have anywhere between 90 -125 papers to deliver. Tyler gets up and helps everyday and Brieanna about 3 days a week (she is not a morning person). It has been great for the kids as we are paying them for each day they help. I have a little time card on the wall and if they work, they will get paid for that day, if not, they won't.



They have to wake up at 4:30 so that they can fold and deliver the papers by 6:00 am during the week. On the weekends they have till 7:00 (an extra hour Whoo Hoo) I am lucky so far that I have not had to get up to help, only to get Tyler out of bed once in a while (I found today that cold water works really well).

4 comments:

MoMmY k:-) said...

ouch! I couldnt do it! I have a hard time waking up no matter what time it is!

Becky said...

Your kids are all going to be well-disciplined and hardworking. That being said; I'll sleep in until 6 AM, thank you very much!

wendy said...

Yikes - early job for sure. I am proud of your work ethic and that will be good for the kids as they grow up. Money doesn't grow on trees - that's what my parents said and it must be true cause I HAVEN'T FOUND ONE#)%(^&#^^)_^

Ashley said...

eeks! That is early. Good for you. Your kids will definately know the value of a dollar. Our kids think that money comes from Nana.